Lakeshore Launches Traffic Management Survey
What is this project about?
The Municipality of Lakeshore is looking for feedback on existing and/or new traffic management policies in response to traffic, speed, and safety related concerns raised by residents. Two key policies, as described below, will be completed as part of this project:
Development of a Speed Limit Policy
The Speed Limit Policy Review will look at:
- speed limit policies used by other municipalities to review and monitor the effectiveness of speed limits;
- establish a process to evaluate and recommend speed limit changes on urban roadways based on resident concerns within Lakeshore; and
- provide recommendations and assess the impact related to larger area speed limit reductions in residential (urban) areas of the Municipality.
Traffic Calming Policy Review
The Traffic Calming Policy Review will:
- review and improve upon Lakeshore’s existing traffic calming policy;
- research the latest and best practices used for traffic calming in other municipalities;
- develop guidelines for receiving, evaluating, and implementing traffic calming measures in response to concerns raised by residents; and
- develop a recommended process for making decisions about the types of traffic calming measures to use, their effectiveness, and prioritizing requests for new traffic calming projects.
How can I get involved?
Public input is essential to the success of this project. Opportunities to provide input, include an online community survey and a Public Information Centre (date and time to be announced).
- Take the online community survey! Submissions will be accepted until Friday, June 16, at 4:30 PM.
Respondents who require assistance filling out the survey can call the Public Service Unit at 519-728-2700 ext. 0 during regular business hours (8:30 AM to 4:30 PM, Monday to Friday).
If you have any comments or questions regarding the Traffic Management Policy Review, or would like to provide suggestions or comments about this study, please contact:
- Paradigm Transportation Solutions Limited
Consultant Project Manager
- Municipality of Lakeshore
Marco Villella, P.Eng.
Division Leader, Engineering and Infrastructure